April 2, 2008

OUCH

So I have a huge and painful problem. I have the remains of what used to be a molar causing me mild pain so far; however, knowing how toothache can just erupt into some serious excruciating pain, I should know better and start getting the medical attention my molar needs.

The dentist who performed the root canal on this particular molar and has been preparing me to have a crown like five months ago (yeah, I am the worst patient ever!) is a family friend of my in-laws.

It took me all my years of marriage to actually let the man take a look at my teeth, because 1) I generally have very limited trust in doctors, 2) I have almost zero trust in my in-laws’ standards on which they choose doctors, 3) I am the worst patient ever, I wait until I am in severe pain; in this particular case, I waited until that molar was chipped while I was eating 3asaleya

Other than him being friendly with my current in-laws and his limited use of anesthesia, this very dentist is brilliant! He’s the best dentist I have ever been to, especially that we reached an agreement that it’s ok to drug me all he wants as long as I feel no pain :)

Now, my molar needs that crown pronto because it is getting even more brittle day by day, and I am not sure if the gum hurts or the molar itself; all I know is that I should have had a crown five months ago and I chickened because Dr. M started talking to me about getting back to the X!

Yes!! My great husband told the dentist that I am a crazy delusional woman who thinks he’s having an affair and acting all hormonal and stuff and leaving the house. He would have claimed I ditched the kids too if he had them for a couple of hours! NO, he has no shame. So, I did not explain to the man anything and instead, I never went back and ignored my poor molar all that time.

I don’t wanna ask around for another dentist, I really like that man, and I really trust him with my teeth. But if he starts telling me the things he did in my last visit I will probably burst into tears right there, which is just wrong!

Soooo, does the X and his family get the dentist in the divorce settlements and I should go on a dentist hunt? Or the hell with it, I should get the proper medical attention from the doctor of my preference?

Consider it a vote people! And yeah, if you think I should go to a different dentist, do recommend one, given that I need extra pain killers and that I keep looking at whatever reflecting surface to see what’s going on inside my mouth and I freak when I see blood that I might start crying… oh oh oh and most importantly, I HATE WAITING; I make reservations via phone, show up on time and expect to get in on time; otherwise i turn into a total biat$#.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dentists!!! My all-time biggest phobia ...
well ... if u trust that guy that much ... and that's very hard to find again with dentists ... then a little decent "non of your business" whenever the subject is brought up is the trick ... i think ...

but try to put it in a nice way will you??

insomniac said...

of course i will put it in the nicest way possible; this man will be working inside my mouth!!

thing is, he doesn't talk about things in the famous nosey egyptian way, he's very sweet and polite and it would piss me off if he thinks i am such a horrible person....

oh well

Anonymous said...

well ... if he's that sweet and nice then he'll totally appreciate your not feeling comfortable talking about it ... in a perfect world that is :)

i say just go ... get it all over and done with ... dodge the subject ... get rid of the pain and everyone's happy

Daysleeper said...

dentists are horrible people. okay i'm sure they're not but i just dont understand someone who wakes up and thinks "i want to poke around the insides of other peoples mouths for the rest of my life!"

my sister went to this great dentist in mohandessin, in midan mostafa mahmoud-- she specialized in braces but i'm sure they have great contacts

another problem also is that they might be expensive shwaya

also maybe you should go to the first guy if it'd make you feel better to talk to him about the ass.

i mean don't pour your heart out you certainly don't owe him that but basically something like-- 'i know the ass said a lot of things about me, a lot of things that were untrue and i'd rather not sink to his level and dignify those things with a response. i just want my teeth fixed :)"

i agree with kovs just stick to nice doctor man

salamtik sweetie

insomniac said...

u know, last time he talked to me about the a**, he was sooo sweet about it..

i called him a couple of days later for an appointment, he said "law mesh hatroo7y teftary ma3ah fe ramadan awel yoom ma3ah, matgeesh", that was before we started talking divorce... i never did because he practically told me to go have iftar with the family at what's supposed to be my house, and leave afterwards and i thought it was humiliating....

and when the sweet old dentist was giving me some serious toned talk about that, i told him briefly that i found that humiliating, he backed off and said he wouldn't want that to happen with his daughter...

and this is why i love the man :))

Deeeeeee said...

Ugh!! I had a reeeeeally good dentist that left for the US a few years ago! Ever since then I haven't been to a dentist no matter how much it hurts inside that mouth of mine!! For all I know now there could be canyons and dragons inside.. I wont go see a dentist... no matter how irresponsible that might be, so hold on to your good dentist and SALAMTEK! :)

insomniac said...

thanks sweets, u just reminded me that i need to make a phone call to see if my dentist is available next saturday!

Embee said...

You're probably going to roll your eyes at me like mad, but I kinda didn't mind the anesthesia @ the dentist's. Might even have like ouched a few times more than needed to get the shot.

Go for it & get done with it. Aching teeth are nasty!

insomniac said...

oh but embee, i like the extra drugs... i meant to say he believes that regular filling can be done without any anesthesia, while i would frrrrreeeeeeaaaaak if i had it done without the shot :)

ok, i am ashamed to say i actually cried when he considered doing that to me...

yeah i think i am going tomorrow isA

Ma 3lina said...

Salmtik :)) speed recovery isa

well dentists ouch bgd toothache oucheeen lol

I think u should stick to your trusty dentist.. u cant let ur ex determine what doc u can or canot go.

hope ur better now

insomniac said...

thank you dear,

i hope i wake up early eough tomorrow to make an appointment and go...

and i hope eny makaselsh we akkabar demaghy till next weekend

Anonymous said...

So , what happened?? :)

R

insomniac said...

R, ur soooo sweeet :)

abadan, i am a lazy bum... i woke up at noon because i went to bed after 5 am!

thank God for that anesthetic spray i got tho! i spray my gum every time i am about to feel the pain... i should really get me an appointment before the spray loses its effect tho...

isA isA will call bokra to get an appointment, 3eeb keda!