April 21, 2008

My daily dose of peace...

I find trouble parking almost every day; it's only natural in Cairo.

Even where I work, where I actually have my very own parking space, I drive into the parking lot to find big SUVs blocking my way!! Moreover, they have that huge thing covered in an ugly green cloth making it harder for me to get into my space.

It's only natural that I walk all the way from the parking lot into the building with a serious face, if not a frown.

Until i see the old security man, I say "Salamo 3aleikom"... he nods, smiles back and says "Wa 3alekom al salam ya benty"... I give him my brightest smile as I walk towards the elevators.

It's fair to say, this man makes me smile all the way up. And as I take the elevator back down at the end of the day, I have that smile on my face as I pass by his desk and say "Salamo 3aleikom", and he answers back "ma3 al salama ya benty"

There is something extremely peaceful about his calm wrinkled face and his warm smile; it gives the greeting more meaning that way!

God bless him.

8 comments:

Queen O'Danile said...

I've been reading your blog and I am truly mesmerized. It is so wonderful, so raw, so honest. I cant wait to read every word. Masha Allah what a strong woman...I am so impressed. May you continue to find the strength and courage to move along with a happy and peaceful life. And by the way...I would be truly honored if you joined us. Hope you don't mind the plug! If you do, feel free to delete. Hope to see you there! Thanks!
ISLAMIC BLOG DIRECTORY

Queen O'Danile said...

BTW--I am going to add you to my blogroll--I dont want to miss a word!

insomniac said...

thank you Qo'dN for visiting, and thank you thank you for your sweet words, i am really flattered :$

i am honored to be added on ur blogroll, and i am definitely checking the link... and seriously, how can i delete something so sweet?!!!

have a good day :)

Eventuality said...

la la la you must be kidding :)

Read my post here:

http://inevitable-eventuality.blogspot.com/2007/02/security-guy.html

How can there be so much similarity?!! We almost used the same words aslan...I'm amazed :)

Ma 3lina said...

Yup it is these simple things that make our day.... Lovely post

I stumbled across a blog and wondered If it was by u ??

http://dfordivorced.blogspot.com/

insomniac said...

E...

more and more things in common... i think i will go thru ur blog for more stuff keda :))

i missed him today as i walked in... i think it wasn't the day of his shift, i plan on keeping track...

i sound like a stalker!!!

insomniac said...

ma 3alina,

shofty, ba7awel akhaly el blog cheerful showaya, la2eny zehe2t men el nakad :D

i am linked on that other blog ya nas7a, what do u think!!

how did u stumble there tho??

Ma 3lina said...

mm

maho ya nas7a :p u did not announce it nor put in ur profile fa ih el nezam b2a ???