February 26, 2009

My Dirty Laundry


I’ve been tagged on FB by so many people. For obvious reasons, I think it’s safer to share it here hidden behind partial anonymity; after all, my two sisters and two cousins are the only family I have aware of this blog which does not begin to compare to my FB friends list.

So here goes nothing…

1. Barely anyone knows all there is to know about me; each person –no matter how close- knows a piece of me. Of course they have a general idea about what they don't know. Let's put it this way, it won't be a great idea if I sit all those people together and leave them alone for enough time to swap information! No, it has nothing to do with being mysterious, it's just the way it is and I have no idea why!

2. My best friend and I wanted to plan a trip to Bermuda before we got married. By Bermuda, I mean the Bermuda Triangle; we wanted to find out what it was about and we wanted to disappear. She always said I was the one who bailed out on her since I got married first, well, I am almost single now!

3. I never smoked a cigarette. My two attempts plus my shisha attempt included endless coughing and trying to spit air, not to mention a minor vomit incident!

4. I talk to myself all the time. When I was little I had a twin, an older brother, and a bunch of friends, all imaginary! I still remember most of their names. I was an only child for four years and a half; I had to keep myself entertained!

5. I hated my younger sister. I hated her less when we had our baby sister, because baby sis was too darn annoying. Then I divided the hate equally between them. Then one day I woke up to find that I am madly in love with both!!! Girl, I can still hate you back so don’t abuse the love.

6. My first crush still makes me smile when I think of him! I really think highly of him; he's about the only guy of whom I did not come to think less. The secret is I never really got to know him better, but from a distance, he still seems perfect!

7. I never dyed my hair! Ok, I once tried a really dark red, but it barely showed at all, and last time I wanted to go for a lighter shade of brown but I guess I was allergic to the dye and I jumped into the shower the moment it itched. This concludes that my hair has been the same color all my life!

8. I am open-minded to almost all sorts of food as long as it's finely cooked and that its main ingredient is not one that I completely dislike. Of course I had a long hate-list growing up, but I am over it. However, I still hate my mother's cooking and any similar cooking (too much water, barely any salt).

9. I have OCD when it comes to how my hands smell. In my cooking days, it took me too much time to finish a meal because I washed my hands between every task and kept smelling it! I always carry hands gel because I hate cream and its greasy feel; problem is it leaves my sensitive skin rather dry.

10. My defense mechanism when I am intimidated by someone is to intimidate them twice as much! You can only imagine what my defense mechanism is like when I feel disliked by someone!

11. I hate weddings, with passion! I hated my own wedding and I was literally forced to have one by my dad! The only two weddings I have on my to-attend list are my sisters', that is if they ever get married.

12. Strong fragrances give me a headache and make me too noxious. This is why I prefer light perfumes, and even better, natural fragrances. Vanilla and cinnamon make it to the top of my list.

13. I barely ever throw up! And no, it's not cool; during both pregnancies I suffered from severe nausea and had constant urges to throw up but never could, unlike all the other pregnant women. When having a food poison, I barely throw up; my stomach fights the natural reaction to nausea thinking it's doing me a favor, it's not!

14. Growing up, I had two sever head traumas. One at the age of 2 or something, and the other at the age of 13. The first one was because my youngest uncle was tossing me in the air and didn't exactly break my fall, it resulted in temporary paralysis, I think it's one of the reasons why I kinda fear heights. The second one was in a car accident and my seatbelt wasn't fastened, my face was deformed for around two weeks until the swelling went away and my face regained its natural color! Every time I look in the mirror, I feel thankful none of it was permanent.

15. Whenever I meet people for the first time, I just sit there saying the least. I just smile and agree or refrain from agreeing. I mostly concentrate on studying the people, their way of speech, their facial expression and the way they interact with one another. People usually get the wrong idea that I am rather quiet and shy; truth is I am only deciding which side of me they shall see.

16. Everything about blood turns my stomach. One of the things that make me cry for no reason. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled (each on a separate occasion of course) I cried. The first dentist made it clear that I was a wimp! The second panicked and thought I was in pain and took twice as much time to stop the bleeding and do the stitches which resulted in even more crying! The one who pulled the last two kissed me on my forehead; he sexually harassed me a few visits after which definitely didn't help with my whole blood phobia!

17. I hate my birthday. For some reason I always expect spectacular events and somehow I always get disappointed and left to the horrid fact that I am one year older.

18. I am very good at pronunciation, even in languages I don't know!

19. I never liked my grandpa from mom's side, and I mean we were on horrible terms.

20. Both times I was pregnant; my only wish was that my baby would be healthy and smart. Alhamdulilah my wish was granted and that makes me eternally grateful.

21. My mind connects dots in a scary way. I can receive irrelevant data on separate and far apart occasions, yet eventually I come to correct conclusions 90% of the time! Thrillers that revolve around a mystery that unfold in the end (movies and books) are not that thrilling because usually I figure it out halfway, this is why I notice and appreciate the details even more. I would like to think it's how my mind makes up for its incompetence with numbers!

22. Despite the above point, my mind blocks out information it should not store; like people's passwords that I might see them type or they give to me to do something for them.

23. I do not wear makeup. I do not completely hate wearing it; I just think I look better without it! Not to mention that I like washing my face too often and I am always putting my hand all over my face to rub my eye(s) or bite my nails (not chop them off, just bite on to them!). Bottom line, I have too much makeup for someone who wears none!

24. I have come to the realization that I generally enjoy old music rather than recent! One of my all time favorites is La Takziby sung by Abdel Wahab, I can listen to it nonstop, ask my sisters!

25. My most brilliant ideas come to me in the shower.

15 comments:

Ehab said...

كويس كده لمينا المعلومات اللي عايزينها
شويه كمان وهنجيب بقيت الموضوع
الحكومه في طريقها لكشف الغموض
وهنمسكك ونعرف مين اعوانك قريب
هههههههههههههه

حلو البوست الصريح ده
متلعبيش مع الدكاتره تاني
سلااااااااااااااااااام
اخوكي ايهاب

Umslopagas said...

Interesting indeed, we share one thing, the linking different conversations bit, I abuse it however.

Shimaa Gamal said...

Finally :)
I thought you will never do it :)

I talk to myself and I think the shower is haunted by muses ;) You are not alone :)))

insomniac said...

Ehab,

wala yehemeny :P


Slope,

i never said i didn't abuse it when i have to ;))

insomniac said...

Shimz, i just saw your comment...

yeah i know i am not alone when it comes to talking to myself and the shower thing :)))))) we are so not alone

Gihan said...

7elwa 7elwa :D

Tab3an no need to mention how much we have in common.

I soo laughed my head off at the La Takzeby, I remembered you joking about it that other day :D

insomniac said...

when d... WHAT!!!

what did i say about la takzeby!!! it's my all time favorite... fakareeny

and yes darling, we have lotsa stuff in common ;) my gemini friend

Ma 3lina said...

That was something !!
We share the interesting ideas' place : the shower lol and the smoking thing too

So, u do not like weddings, ur BD.. what ceremonies do u like exactly ???

insomniac said...

hahaha, i knew i was not the only one :D

ummm, i like random friends gatherings, and i like outings that have no dress code :) i like things rather personal... weddings in egypt are anything but that, and so are big birthdays!

Abdelsalam76@gmail.com said...

Nice Post...You should be a detective or a thriller writer.

insomniac said...

Thanks Abdelsalam :)

A detective may be... a thriller writer i don't think so... i am only good at appreciating art, not making it :))

welcome!

Abdelsalam76@gmail.com said...

did u try??
i think u r a good writer.
:))

Unknown said...

Do you play Scrabble or interested in cryptography? I think you should excel in both (from the dots thing).

insomniac said...

Abdelsalam,

no, i never tried, but i am very flattered you think so :))


Mohamed,

i play scrabble on occasions, and i haven't shown any signs of interest in cryptology.... this is too technical, i am just good at clues and it's not that i actually spend enough time analyzing them, they just fall into place fast enough for my mind to make sense of each :)

Deeeeeee said...

Inso, I couldn't like you any more if I tried! :)